Sunday, June 15, 2008

Zito!

Ok. Thanks. I just had to get that off my chest. Of course he didn't pitch that badly last Friday - but he didn't do enough to win! Only Vizquel's amazing steal of home brought in a run. It just seems that Barry just can't quite do enough these days.

I'm not giving up on him. That wouldn't be fair or helpful to him. It wouldn't surprise me if the loathsome Giants fans that boo him somehow affect him emotionally and spiritually. People expect him to not do well, so when he pitches it's like he just can't shut the other team down for good. Ok, that's the first time I've combined spirituality and baseball specifically. We'll see if it happens again.

He's a good pitcher who, just a few years ago, was voted the best pitcher in the American League. Here we go, 7-5!

No comments: